JVP Bay Area started in 1996 and became the first local chapter and center of the national Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP). Now, JVP nationally is the largest U.S.-based grassroots organization dedicated to promoting full equality, democracy, and self-determination for both Israelis and Palestinians with over 200,000 supporters across the country. We are among the many American Jews who say to the U.S. and Israeli governments: Not in our names!
JVP opposes all forms of oppression, particularly anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, and anti-Arab bigotry and oppression.
JVP Bay Area welcomes Jews and non-Jews who want to change U.S. policy towards Israel, who oppose the occupation of Palestine, and who support JVP’s values and policies. We work in the Bay Area to promote:
- An end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem
- Justice, equality, security, and self-determination for Palestinians and Israelis
- The right of return for Palestinians as supported by international law
- An end to the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem and the siege on Gaza
- An end to all violence against civilians
We are part of a global movement to end:
- Illegal Jewish settlements on Palestinian land
- Demolition of Palestinian homes, cisterns, and olive groves
- Segregated Jewish-only roads and buses
- Unequal allocation of resources and services based on ethnicity
- Violent responses to non-violent demonstrations
- Indefinite detention of Palestinian prisoners
- Daily abuse due to checkpoints and the separation wall.
Our Current work focuses on:
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Campaigns
- Interfaith Outreach
- yJVP (youth organizing)